It’s now very easy to set up a Gantt Chart view for your task entity collection in a line of business application developed with Visual Studio® 2012 or 2013:
Download the extension and let us know what you think!
Update: Here is a list of steps you need to perform to initialize the Gantt Chart extension in your application:
- Ensure that DlhSoft.GanttCharts.vsix package is installed for your edition of Visual Studio® (i.e. 2012 or 2013);
- Ensure that your LightSwitch® application is based on Silverlight™;
- Enable the Gantt Chart extension in your application’s Properties window (Extensions section);
- Create or connect to a task items data table;
- Define an editable grid screen for the task items data table, optionally filtering it out as you need;
- In the screen designer, select the Data Grid control used for displaying the task data by default and from the control type combo-box select Gantt Chart instead;
- In the Properties window of the Gantt Chart component ensure you set up the correct members for data binding elements of Gantt Chart items to fields of your task data entities (set empty strings for fields you don’t have, but ensure you have all required fields and that specified fields are of the required data types, as indicated by field titles and tool tips);
- Build the solution, and run the application.
Update: The newest extension build includes a lot of improvements (especially for validating data binding of the Gantt Chart to your own task collection), a more detailed extension usage guide, and – probably more important – an updated sample application that shows how you can enjoy most of the product features with ease!